A Medical Visa (MV) is granted to a foreigner whose sole purpose is to seek medical treatment in established/recognized/specialized hospitals and treatment centres in India. Applicants going to India for SURROGACY cannot apply for a Medical Visa.
Attendant/family members of the patient owning a Medical Visa (MV) will continue to be granted Medical Attendant Visa (MXV). Medical Attendant Visa would be granted only to close relatives and at most to two people.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Medical Visa.
Documents required for Medical Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply for 6 or 12 months depending on the treatment - Multiple Entries and upload the photo on line).
- Documentation from the Indian hospital about the treatment to undergo.
- Documentation must be the original - signed by the Indian doctor and must clearly specify the duration of the treatment.
- Medical reports (if existing) .
100€ (6 months)
140€ (1 year)
*** Plus 2€ per invoice (with VAT tax free total amount of 77,47 €) due to the government tax stamp valid since 1st Jan. 2019
*** Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
B) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.